Friday, June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson has Passed

Unfortunately we lost a great pop icon yesterday, The great Michael Jackson. Right now I am still stunned by the news because it was so unexpected. If I knew he was really really sick like Farrah Fawcett, I would not have be so shocked but the news just came like a bolt of lightning. It is really very sad to know that Michael is gone. I wasn't a huge fan but I grew up with everybody playing his music and that was enough to foster a connection to the guy. His songs brought back alot of the good memories of my friends and I singing in the school bus when we had field trips.

In true Axoriak fashion, I found out while watching tv. In fact I was watching MTV, waiting for "Is She Really Going Out With Him" to start then all of a sudden I see all these Michael Jackson videos being played. At first I thought "MTV must have had some technical troubles or unable to find the episode to be aired now". Yah...silly, but that's what I thought. However when I read the Ticker at the bottom of the screen I learned the shocking news. I immediately jumped to CNN and low and behold, Michael Jackson was dead. I wanted to spread the news so I went to Facebook and Twitter right after but saw that I was already beaten. My Facebook page and news feed was filled with people expressing their grief. The out pour was incredible. Not to mention Twitter. I couldn't even log on to the thing because of "Over Capacity" Tweets.

Anyway, it's only a matter of time before people start talking smack about him so lets enjoy the good memories while we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment