Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Jamaica 3rd Happiest Country in the World

In a recent study done, Jamaica was ranked the 3rd happiest country in the World, while Costa Rica and the Dominican Republic were ranked 1st and 2nd respectively. Read it for yourself at CNN.

Are you kidding me? Third? I'm shocked. I thought that we would be way way down on the list for happiness. Afterall I am miserable, so how can the rest of the country be happy! lol. Flawed logic...I know, but most of us are poor and we have one of the highest crime rates in the world. How can we be happy?

Jamaica is however a beautiful country with some very wonderful people. Every time I see a documentary about Jamaica on TV, I have to ask myself, "Do I really live in such an amazing country? Anytime, Jamaica is portrayed on TV, I am often reminded of how great my country really is. I might not be exposed to the more happier side of the island but Jamaica is truly awesome. Perhaps, being gay is really messing up how I relate psychologically with my country. Even this pass Sunday I was watching an exploration of the Jamaican Blue Mountains and I was stunted to hear about all the natural wonders there. As usual, I kept asking myself am I really a citizen of such a great country?

I always feel a sense of Pride when anyone talks about Jamaica in a good light. Don't even get me started on our National Anthem. That song kicks every other nations ass. Perhaps there is some truth to the 3rd Happiest country in the world thing. Gotta love this little nation despite the load of shit they dish gays.



No comments:

Post a Comment